Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Burn Wound

These are pictures of Jace's burn 4 days after the accident happened.


For those of you that didn't hear the story, here you go:
We were up skiing at bogus and we put some hot water in a cup of noodles. We got the hot water from the lodge's kitchen. I put the cup of noodles on the table and Jace and his cousin were not paying attention. Needless to say, Jace knocked the cup of noodles off the table and it spilled on his leg and he got a really bad burn. I should have taken pictures when it first happened, but I didn't really think about it. He has been in a lot of pain, but he is a tuff guy.
Good thing Grandma and Grandpa Bowman send this adorable bear so Jace has something to squeeze while we care for the wound. Thanks so much.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh Janell - I am so sorry! Hope he recovers well. Abby put her bare bum on the fireplace door this year and it was a bad burn. Changing the dressings was not fun, but it looks great now - 6 months later, so hopefully it will all heal up great. Jace is a tough cookie.

Alan and Lynette said...

That's so sad!!! Poor little guy!
That's some hot kitchen water!!! Good grief!
I was just thinking about the last time I saw you guys...I think you had just had Jace...wierd how time goes...

Raquel Koehler said...

OUCH! That looks like it hurts. Poor guy...

The Wyatt's said...

Janell!!! This is Angie (Miler) Wyatt. Remember me? It has been way too long! So I live in Twin Falls now and ran into Hillary at the temple about a month ago. She said you had a blog so I googled Madison HS. Anyways...I'm so excited to see pictures of you and your cute family! Your kids are adorable and you look so pretty and not a day older than when I saw you last which was FOREVER ago! Looks like life is treating you well. I have a blog too but it's private so email me at donspencerwyatt@msn.com and I'll send you an invite. I'm so excited that we can keep in touch now. I miss you! We had so much fun in nursing school and Jerusalem.....memories.....Hope to hear from you soon! Angie

April said...

Oh my goodness, poor guy, that looks awful! I hope he feels better soon, and that it heals well for him. who knew kitchen water could be SO hot? yikes!

Jessica said...

Ouchie. You must have boys. Hey, you need to email me your new phone number. I miss you too and I have news...